Friday, November 9, 2007

Jacob's Day on a Clint Eastwood Movie!

Here is a picture of Jacob in costume. He had a blast!
Last night (Thursday) I got a page for a job for Jacob. Normally, I'll call the number and listen to a pre-recorded message describing the job and saying, for example, that they need 10 boys age 8-10. If Ann or I can take the next day off, I'll book the job. This time it was different.

When I got the page, it was to a different number, and when I called, the agent said " Are you calling for Jacob?" Weird....

This time, Jacob had been hand picked because they wanted to use him as a photo double on the movie 'The Changeling ' starring Angelina Jolie, John Malkovich and directed by Clint Eastwood!

We spent the day on the set. Everyone was very nice to Jacob. In fact, at the end of the day, Jacob and I were walking toward Mr. Eastwood so that Jacob could say thank you to him, when Angelina walked up to Jacob and said (I'll paraphrase the conversation:)



Angelina: Hi! thanks for working with me today. You did a great job!

Jacob: Thanks it was fun! I saw your son walk by and I said hi to him.

Angelina: Oh, I wanted him to stay on the set and See Clint's pet bird,
but he wanted to get back and play video games!

Jacob: My dad makes
video games.

(I have been standing off to the side of Jacob - this
is his moment , not mine)

Angelina: (extending her hand to me) Hi,
I'm Angie.

The surreal nature of the moment was lost on Jacob....


No comments: